The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Liberating and Capturing early in the game.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Empty
PostSubject: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Okay, I undestand how to do the whole capture and liberating thing thanks to this website. But what I do not understand is how come this does not apply in the beginning on the game? My brother and I just recently downloaded the game on our Wii, since we do not have the 64 anymore. I told him about Liberating and capturing towns and we tried to follow this. But on the first stage when he sent a nuetral unit (everyone one was nuetral) to a lawful town with morale 70 and he liberated it. Same with a town with morale 17 and he still liberated it. Does this only apply to later on in the game or is there something I am miscalculating?
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:12 am

Well it is true at the start of the game all your units tend to have neutral alignment, although you may have some with semi lawful neutral alignment as well as
semi chaotic neutral alignment. Examples being Knights and Mages. So yes, the game maybe aware that you don't have the range of alignment you would normally
had and those starting levels might be adjusted for that. Besides, Chaos frame plays no role in the game till mission 13 when you try and get Liedel to join.

One thing I don't note in my site is those semi lawful neutral alignment and semi chaotic neutral alignment. I assume they aren't the same as true neutral when it
comes to capture and liberation.
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

PostSubject: Re: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:28 am

Yeah I try my best to stay away from the semi lawful/chaotic alingments and just stick with pure lawful, chaotic, and neutral alignments, because they are generally hard to calculate when it comes to capture and liberating towns.

I know Liedel needs a high chaos frame before she can join you, too bad you cannot see your chaos frame till the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:43 am

Yeah, but it's become such a habit that I have to work at getting low choas frame now!
My current run through that I am working on, I am attempting to get both Liedel and Sheen. Which will be hard
because I have to get my chaos frame high enough and the drop it suddenly for Sheen. A hard task indeed.

I also find it hard to keep true neutral units at the end of the game. I know I always try and keep Magnus neutral,
but he keeps getting all soft and lawful on me.
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Actually, you only need 34+ CF to get Liedel and need to have less then 60 for Sheen. Don't forget to visit that town with the little girl in Ausra Plains!

So in a low CF game, to get both, just do Sable Lowlands before Audvera Heights, giving you a +15 CF, easy enough for Liedel. And then just capture everything and it'll be plenty low enough for Sheen.

Worst case scenario let the enemy capture some of your towns lol.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm

What i have happen at the end of the game for my true neutral units is i generally have a weaker unit that doesn't stand a chance at all vs enemies. I just have them follow along behind my "kill"unit a bit so they liberate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberating and Capturing early in the game.   Liberating and Capturing early in the game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liberating and Capturing early in the game.
Page 1 of 1