The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Endings (Spoilers, obviously)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

Endings (Spoilers, obviously) Empty
PostSubject: Endings (Spoilers, obviously)   Endings (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Well I just finished another run of Ogre Battle 64 (on virtual console) and confirmed the existence of another ending, which differs (in some ways) from the 3 standard endings (High CF, Mid CF, Low CF).

To my knowledge, here are the all the possible endings of Ogre Battle 64 (and what may or may not vary).
  1. High Chaos Frame Ending (67-100): Frederick takes over the kingdom, but eventually dies. Magnus takes his place as king of the Palatinus.
  2. Medium Chaos Frame Ending (34-66): Frederick takes over the kingdom, but eventually dies. Magnus serves as a general of Palatinus, pledging allegiance to no one, not even his king.
  3. Low Chaos Frame Ending (0-33) without Destin in your army: Magnus is sent away from Palatinus by generic Paladins before meeting Frederick. He is accused of being consumed by the Infernal Aura and vanishes forever. Palatinus is overrun by the eastern barbaric tribes.
  4. Low Chaos Frame Ending (0-33) with Destin in your army: Magnus is sent away from Palatinus by generic Paladins before meeting Frederick. He is accused of being consumed by the Infernal Aura. He is tend confronted by Destin. Destin tells Magnus that his decisions weren't wrong, but they weren't right either. Destin asks Magnus to follow him, so that he may learn and make use of his potential. Palatinus is overrun by the eastern barbaric tribes.
  5. Low Chaos Frame Ending (0-33) - Lose the Caliber Battle against Destin: If Magnus is defeated by Destin in the Caliber battle, the Zenobian hero tells Magnus that his decisions weren't wrong, but they weren't right either. Destin asks Magnus to follow him, so that he may learn and make use of his potential. Palatinus is overrun by the eastern barbaric tribes.

In both Medium and High CF endings, there will cut-scenes with the various characters you recruited into your battalion. The most notable being a lengthy conversation between Destin and Magnus about destiny and fate. It's notable that in all endings except #3 Destin asks Magnus to go with him. Magnus only agrees in endings #4 and #5.

If you defeat Destin in the Calibur battle, you get ending #3.

One could argue ending #4 isn't really it's own ending, but I find the ending of the game much more complete with Magnus going along with Destin instead of the generic "never seen again."
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Endings (Spoilers, obviously)   Endings (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm

oh Wow, great topic Very Happy

It really makes me wonder if there are more possibilities with high chaos frame as well.
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Endings (Spoilers, obviously)   Endings (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Nah, the other "possibilities" only affect the small cutscenes where the characters in your army interact.

If you have Destin he has a lengthy convo with Magnus about Yumil, but that's the only noticeable change.

BTW, since my CF wasn't below 34 when I attacked the capital, Yumil killed King Procus before the sieging mission, however there was no sign of Ankiseth at all. He's simply MIA since the beginning of Chapter 3, when he refused to join Magnus.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Endings (Spoilers, obviously)   Endings (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Max Magnus wrote:

BTW, since my CF wasn't below 34 when I attacked the capital, Yumil killed King Procus before the sieging mission, however there was no sign of Ankiseth at all. He's simply MIA since the beginning of Chapter 3, when he refused to join Magnus.
Really?In my first playthrough I got a scene in which Yumil kills Ankiseth.How I got this?I chose to make peace with them but then refused his offer to join.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endings (Spoilers, obviously)   Endings (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Endings (Spoilers, obviously)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum :: Ogre Battle 64 :: OB64 - General Discussion-
Jump to: