The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Naming Characters

Go down 
+4
liforrevenge
marjin
gallant for action!
Zargata
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:33 am

In Ogre Battle 64 you are given the unique option of naming almost every unit you obtain. Some people like the defaults, while others always rename. So what about you? Do you rename Magnus and his Army? Do you spend hours picking out names for the countless units in the game?

For me, I always rename everything I can. Magnus is always renamed Storm X. ((It's my default name for all main male characters I play as. Of course, it's a tad lame, but then again I have been doing it since I was 7.)) As for units, I always have two characters with my name, my username (Dragon Master) and my real name (Diana). Then my brothers get characters as well. Philip likes his own name, and he is always my Dragoon. Chris is given his nickname, McBalderson. It's really Baldy McBalderson, but I have to make due.

As for the rest, I keep defult. My army however is called the Zara Knights. A play off my username.
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 pm

I always name my battalion after me,and as for the soldiers I usually name them with the word man afterward(maximan, powerman).except for one soldier, I usually name that one beef jerky,I just find the name hilarious lol! .
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Whenever I run ninja masters in my playthroughs I name them Rocky, Colt, and Tum-Tum.

Sometimes I like to name Magnus after famous military leaders such as Darius, Napoleon, Alexander, Julius, etc. and try to make the decisions according to their personality.

On the rare occasions I run a Golem I change it's name to Potemkin.

I give my Black Knights silly names all around, whatever I can think of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
liforrevenge
Fighter
liforrevenge

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:14 am

I usually name my favorite characters after people I know, though I don't name the main character after myself. I usually name him "Aesig." Also, the first time I played through the game I got a knight named "Valentine" and I have been sure to have one every playthrough since.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 pm

During my second playthrough I got a hellhound and a beast tamer. I remembered from one of my previous playthrough a knight from the opposing team was named ma'dog, so guess what I named the hellhound.ever since then I've named my hellhounds ma,dog.
Back to top Go down
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:40 am

I was watching, or reading rather, a playthrough once. They renamed Magnus to "Goofus and" so that his full name read "Goofus and Gallant." He basically took readers suggestions for the rest of his battalion names.

I'll see if I can find it today, it was fairly fun to read through.

As for me I usually keep my main unit with Magnus and put on either side of him characters I commonly use.

Ninja gets named Steve (a shame there isn't a thief class in game)
Swordmaster Jake
Black Knight named after myself (Heavy weapons!? Yes sir.)
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:41 am

Of course, I always rename all my characters to people I know or met online, trying to match either their preference and/or personality xD

I name my army the Scarlet Rose, cauz I like Red and it sounds pretty smooth. Also lack of space D=
Back to top Go down
Tobyus
Fighter
Tobyus

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:06 am

I try and stick to a theme. So right now my Leader is named Jimi Hendrix, and most everyone else is named after hippy stuff. For example:
R U Going?
Flwr Pwr
Pachewlee
Tye-Die
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:34 am

i usuallly always keep the unique characters that i get to name in games their intended name. Now as for all the generic characters i dont change many but sometimes i do if i dont like their name. I do try to put the names of the soldiers from the graduating class on my initial unit leaders and other characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naming Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Characters   Naming Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naming Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum :: Ogre Battle 64 :: OB64 - General Discussion-
Jump to: