The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!? Empty
PostSubject: SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?   SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 pm

This post is more of a question.I recently heard that congress is voting on whether or not to censor the web in order to stop piracy from spreading. This would stop websites from being able have internet freedom.websites like wikipedia could no longer exist due to the fact that, according to them, they would have no knowledge. Or even some search engines would go out of business.

So my question is....
What would happen to fansites like the archive if this law happens to be approved?

Many sites have fought back at this, such as google blackening their logo or wikipedia shutting down for 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?   SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Indeed, SOPA/PIPA is a giant lobbyism from Hollywood.

MegaUpload has already taken the fall from Hollywood's assault on piracy. Problem is, these laws will mostly hurt the average joe rather then the true pirates <_<
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?   SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:18 am

I blacked out the Archive during the protests. :3

But yeah, if they passed, no Archive. Even though my site is the farest thing away from 'stealing' copyright material it would fall under its law.

But say if I even mentioned an emulator and linked to it. OMG, my site would be gone as soon as they found out about it. :3
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?   SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Zargata wrote:
But say if I even mentioned an emulator and linked to it. OMG, my site would be gone as soon as they found out about it. :3
I never really thought they made a big deal of emulation but apparently it seems they are. Good thing there arent any links in the archive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?   SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOPA/PIPA. Are they crazy!!!!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum :: General Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: