The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you remember love?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brine
Soldier
Brine

Do you remember love? Empty
PostSubject: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:18 am

Hello, everyone. I just discovered the archive earlier this evening by pure chance, and the happiness that I felt upon finding it will likely not be recreated for a very long time.
When I was younger, my grandparents owned a movie and video game rental store. It was not at all unusual for me to spend my days there, playing N64 and watching new films, and as such it was the setting for my first encounter with the one thing that would shape me as a person more than any other.
Feeling bored one day, on a whim I asked one of the guys that my grandparents employed to run the cash register for a video game recommendation. Prior to this, I had always considered T and M rated games to be off-limits to a child of my age (I was but five years old at the time) so after having exhausted myself of the typical options like Excitebike 64 and Mario, I wasn't sure what to play next. Imagine my surprise when his two recommendations were Starcraft 64 and Ogre Battle 64, two T rated games. I was aghast, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

And here we are, some eleven to twelve years later. There is no other game in which I have logged more hours than Ogre Battle 64, and I doubt that will ever change.

Carth is definitely my favorite character~
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am

welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy the archive as much as I have. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brine
Soldier
Brine

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:50 am

Thanks!
I assure you, I already have. The Archive's collection of official art is the most comprehensive and easily accessible one that I have found to date. Although the most surprising members of the gallery were definitely the goddesses and Asmodee. Theirs were the only images truly new to me, and it was most surprising to see them.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Brine wrote:
Although the most surprising members of the gallery were definitely the goddesses and Asmodee. Theirs were the only images truly new to me, and it was most surprising to see them.
As surprising as those pictures were, the most stunning thing I found out about was by far learning what chaos frame was.
Back to top Go down
Brine
Soldier
Brine

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:23 am

Ah, I see.
At the point that I'm at, there is realistically nothing left for me to learn. I have pored over CyricZ's (truly, he is a god) FAQ/Walkthrough long enough for days to have become the proper metric. The resources and information regarding the meat and mechanics of the game are strewn throughout the entirety of the internet and are easily accesible, the only thing lacking is a sizable and active fanbase.
Prior to my discovery of the archive, I had also believed a comprehensive image collection to be nonexistent.
C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Brine wrote:

Prior to my discovery of the archive, I had also believed a comprehensive image collection to be nonexistent.
C'est la vie.

As did I. One day I started to collect it all, and I thought myself, why not share this labor of love?

So I did, and the Archive was born! Glad to have you here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 am

Welcome, i think im going to like you already since Carth is my favorite character as well. Sadly yes this games community is somewhat lacking, although when it was released the gamefaqs boards was always on the number 1-2 spot. I found this site on a whim because i was trying to do the exact thing that Zargata had gotten started already. Imagine my surprise when i found a lot of the footwork had already been done.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember love?   Do you remember love? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you remember love?
Page 1 of 1