The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stone golems and Baldr

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

Stone golems and Baldr Empty
PostSubject: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:17 pm

I finally got one of my golems to become a stone golem for the first time. Now I need my other one to become a stone golem then I can convert them to a baldr golem. Any advice on finding contratrice to do this? Finding them in the wilderness is too tiresome.
Back to top Go down
noah
Fighter
noah

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 pm

i cant really remember, i never messed with golems as i dont really like them much. same with griffins.
Back to top Go down
FaerieCuddles
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't recommend finding Cockatrices in the wild, since they will appear in the middle row and you will need to first critical hit the cockatrice so that it's in the third row to perform its petrifying attacks, provided it doesn't escape.

In 'A Legendary Land', your first battle at Mount Keryoleth, you will encounter the first cockatrice enemy unit.

You will encounter enemies carrying cocktrices again in the following scenes in order: 'The Setting Sun' at Dardunnelles; 'The Eastern Orthodox Church' at Fair Heights; 'The Rebel' at Capitrium; 'Child of the Covenant' and 'Gateway to another World' at The Temple of Berthe; 'The March to Latium' at Gules Hills; 'Pressure' at Wentinus; and lastly there is one at the 'Caliber' Stage.

I suggest getting your stone golem as early as possible so that you will have more chance to get Baldr Golem. Though find a Baldr Golem in the wild isn't hard and they usually come with very good stats.
Back to top Go down
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah, the first mission with a cocktrice unit is where I got my first stone golem from, but I killed them before they could turn my second golem into one lol. I never look for cocka in the wilderness as they are always in the middle row.
Back to top Go down
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:12 pm

I got two stone golems now, but now they will not turn into Baldr goelms when they get attacked by a wind based attack. They have been hit by lighting, wind shot, wind storm, and a wind weapon but still nothing.
Back to top Go down
FaerieCuddles
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 pm

It has to be a wind+fire combination attack, which happens extremely rarely in game.
Back to top Go down
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 am

Ah just like with ghost, something told me that was the case.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:21 pm

As the chances of getting hit with that particular combo magic is virtually next to impossible you may as well as recruit Baldr golems. Which unless your trying to do it with the golem you get in your first units there is no benefit from not just recruiting a "wild" one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone golems and Baldr   Stone golems and Baldr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone golems and Baldr
Page 1 of 1