The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

help with mission 18

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hadoukenfighter
Soldier
hadoukenfighter

help with mission 18 Empty
PostSubject: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:23 pm

my main problem with it is that first legion squad.

first time i rushed it and lost, second time i flanked it with one group of 4 and sent an Group of 3 to face it head on, still lost.(as in i got an grand total of 7 unit commanders that command groups of 5 except for Sheen who commands 4)

then i put half my army at my main base to protect it and sent my other army around that force, only for them to be attacked from the back by the same force later -_-

top it off with the cocktriece's and the amount of Priests, i just can't beat this missions T_T. any suggestions?

Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:40 am

Those cockatrices and priests can be a lot to deal with!
Remember to carry as many items as you can, such as healing and status healers.

Really, I never have any trouble with it this part. I normally take it head on and whip out the legion
with one or two units. Perhaps you should train up a few in the training mode?

So I hope that helps. Just try, and try again!
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
hadoukenfighter
Soldier
hadoukenfighter

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 pm

actully, abusing training mode sounds like a good idea, its not a waste of alot of money if i beat it.

also Magus is around level 18, Ankiseth is 20, and the rest are around 15-16. is that too low for this part?
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I say that is fairly average. Good Luck! x3
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:09 pm

In every game of OB64 I've played, I've always had a Golem x2 + Doll Master Unit for Cockatrice units. Simply place the Doll Master in the front row if you have to meet up with an enemy cockatrice in the back row. You'll also be able to get your Golems to turn into Stone Golems Smile

Whenever I had trouble in a mission I would use training mode on all my weaker leveled units, and if you have trouble beating some training units, just change area, since the enemies you face and the price you pay for training mode depend on the area in which you train.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulz
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 am

Really? I didn't have trouble on this battle. Just keep a counter unit for the chickens and watch who you send out to engage the squads with the dianas in em, cause they can really mess up your back row units, or leaders.

You should try to obtain the hallow shield on your next run if you didn't get Troy. It makes the user immune to status effects and great for a meat shield for the cockatrices to aim at, since they'll try to go for the leader. Cataphract leaders using the hallow shield make good cockatrice distractions. Make sure they're in the middle of the back row when no one near them.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:24 pm

probably past this mission by now. But the stones that cure petrification are probably your best bet here. I tend to not train except to get the pedras. My latest playthrough i was saving Magnus to raise as a pure general, so i had an abundance of units who were fairly high level due to them doing the majority of teh work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with mission 18   help with mission 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help with mission 18
Page 1 of 1