The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lol 255 glitch freeze

Go down 
+2
Zargata
Max Magnus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

lol 255 glitch freeze Empty
PostSubject: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Yo everyone,

I'm sure at least some of you have abused the famous OB64 255-item glitch for some measure of amusement.

Myself, I tend to use it to make a bunch of Urns of Chaos and Scrolls of Discipline, because I prefer to not have my teams restricted by alignment and want to avoid all problems that could be caused when it comes to promoting units to their Master Class, due to alignment (like having a Wizard in a Lawful team).

However, I'm sure some people have realized that sometimes this bug backfires, causing your game to freeze when you leave the organize screen after using one of the replicated items. However, this bug causes no problems if you don't use said items, so you should never be stuck completely.

This happened to me the other day, between chapters I was applying Urns of Chaos to my Wizards and Witches in order to create some Archmages and Sirens. However, I could NOT exit the organize screen without the game freezing if I used so much as a SINGLE Urn of Chaos, meaning the bug had taken hold of my game.

...but I have FOUND A WAY! No longer shall this bug annoy anybody! :cheers:

I realised that using an "Urn of Chaos" outside the organize screen causes no glitch at all, which means all I have to do is give a unit a bunch of them, bring them out on the field (Area Exploration works best), and use them. If I need more, I simply Retreat the unit back, load them up again, and repeat.

Essentially, if you encounter the Organize screen freeze bug, due to having abused the 255-item glitch, and still want to use the replicated item, do the following:
  1. Go into Area Exploration
  2. Go into the Organize screen
  3. Open up the "Carry Items" Command under "Unit commands"
  4. Place the item(s) you wish to use into the unit's item slots.
  5. Leave the organize screen
  6. Dispatch the unit in which you placed the items
  7. Select the unit, "Unit command", "Use Item" and select the item which you want to use.
  8. Repeat the previous steps for every item you wish to use, or until you run out.
  9. If you need to use more of the item, Retreat the unit back into your headquarters and start from the beginning.

Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Hey thats pretty cool!

I personally have never used the glitch before, but I think I shall now!
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Taken from GameFAQs:

255 of any portable Item

NOTE: To make sure this works correctly, you must have 1, and only 1 of the items to duplicate.

1. Set up a proper unit: Build a unit that has at least one person who can only carry one item. I normally use a unit made up of 5 wizards to do this. Now you need to set up the items. Make the unit use up all but the last two item slots, then add the item to duplicate to the very last spot. It should look like this:

(Random Item)
(Random Item)
(Random Item)
(Free Spot)
(Item to Duplicate)

2. Remove the charcter and the item: Ok, now, just remove one charcter (that character can only carry one item). Now your items should look like this:

(Random Item)
(Random Item)
(Random Item)
(Item to Duplicate)

Go to the carry item screen, and remove the item to duplicate. That item should now be saying 55/01. Leave the edit unit menu, and go to the item menu. Now you need to sell 2 of the items. It should look like 55/54 now. Now sell 56 of them. It will now say 55/98. Leave the item menu, and exit the Orginize Screen. Reenter the Orginzie Screen, look at the items, and it should say 00/98. You now of 255 of whatever item that was.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 am

Well I gave it a try and...and now I have a fleet of ninja masters at mission 13! 8D

this glitch...man it's just too awesome.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Just be careful, it can freeze if you abuse it too much from the Organize screen! But if that happens just use the method I posted in the first post lol.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 am

I have never had it freeze up on me that i can remember. But i do have to say that i messed up and sold too many anstate crosses on accident and now i have none Sad
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 pm

I think it freezed on me because I was doing it wrong. I wasn't doing the 2nd step of the bug (selling the excess items to get 99) because I didn't wanna artifically create money for myself (I only use this glitch for alignment issues).

Probably why it freezes up after too much abuse. Though this turn-around works fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:18 pm

yeah im probably going to use it next time for alignment only, as having tons of extra money is cheating.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

If you want to do a Speed Run though, without caring about being legit or not, this is probably the best way Razz

You can buy some of those Meteor Strike tomes in Alba right at the beginning of the game! (Just replicate and sell a bunch of Altars of Resurrection)
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:10 pm

thats what i did on this latest playthrough, and to me it kinda cheapened the experience for me.
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Max Magnus wrote:
You can buy some of those Meteor Strike tomes in Alba right at the beginning of the game! (Just replicate and sell a bunch of Altars of Resurrection)

Meteor Strike is sold by the Travelling Merchant in Melphy on certain days during night hours. Annihilation is the one sold by the shop in Alba.
Back to top Go down
Tobyus
Fighter
Tobyus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 am

Roids, don't do them. A side affect to steroids is your balls tend to shrink.
Back to top Go down
Tobyus
Fighter
Tobyus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:57 am

You can do the item cheat for all the player boosts, Sword Emblem, Crystal of Precision, and of course, Champion Statuette (level up) But remember, cheaters never win.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 am

Tobyus wrote:
You can do the item cheat for all the player boosts, Sword Emblem, Crystal of Precision, and of course, Champion Statuette (level up) But remember, cheaters never win.

lol. I did a cheat through with my current game. Every one turn Chaotic. Fun stuff. Razz
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

I always use this bug to deal with alignments (Like when I want to have Paladins and Sirens in the same team), else the game becomes too locked into certain fixed team comps, I find.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I use to love to abuse this bug and now it came back to bite me on the butt. I first noticed this on mission 2.
I'm going around finding yumil and I run into this unit. It is made up of wizards and soldiers. I annihilate the wizards and run out of time so I left the soldiers alive. I go back to try to kill the soldiers and what happens?
They're pumpkin heads now and they kill my units with all their pumpkin heads LOL. I realize "what??? Pumpkins aren't supposed to be introduced until later on". So basically every time I encounter soldiers and dont kill them when I have the chance, BAM they're pumpkins now. made it harder on me when facing those legions.
Back to top Go down
Tobyus
Fighter
Tobyus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:56 am

^^^^^ That's just craziness!

Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:12 am

i have never seen the pumpkinhead thing. BUt on one of my first playthroughs i maxxed ankiseth out in all aspects and he became a one man wrecking ball. I know he couldnt compete with a maxed out caster with a draconite book but holy crap he was strong.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 pm

I've done some ridiculously overpowered units as well, as well as some lulzy build.

In Chapter 3, I used enough Crowns of Intellect on Magnus for his STR to equal his INT. I then used him as a Mage for the rest of the chapter, doing combo magic with his formation xD

Funny how he forgets how to use magic in Chapter 4 though, instead pretending to be Guile from Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lol 255 glitch freeze   lol 255 glitch freeze Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lol 255 glitch freeze
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum :: Ogre Battle 64 :: OB64 - General Discussion-
Jump to: