The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!

Go down 
+4
Max Magnus
marjin
gallant for action!
Zargata
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Empty
PostSubject: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:20 am

Now, I've beaten OB64 about 15 times. So, needless to say, it's a little easy now!

So I thought about challenges to make the game tough again. Anyway, this topic will
be used to suggest new challenging play through's and general chat about the topic.

Idea 1:

No advancement play through. Meaning that you can not change the class of any of your
characters. Exceptions being those who do during battle, or because of the main story line.

Got any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 pm

I've got a good one.keep every single class with its basic epuipment throughout the whole game.
Those undead wont be as easy as they seemed now
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 am

gallant for action! wrote:
I've got a good one.keep every single class with its basic epuipment throughout the whole game.

Oh i like this idea! [it would certainly reduce the amount of time i spend playing 'dress up' with my characters.]

Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 pm

I just thought up of this one this morning. No training mode allowed. You're going to have to rely on the battlefield and hope your units level up in there or just use champion statuettes.
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 pm

gallant for action! wrote:

Paladins and Dianas come equipped with virtue weapons by default. Not to mention Angel Knights if you are willing to go through the hassle of getting them. And of course, Platinum Dragons and Bahamuts.

Honestly it wouldn't be that difficult, stats are the main determining factor in how a character performs, so if you groom them properly the game will seem just as easy.

Quote :
I just thought up of this one this morning. No training mode allowed. You're going to have to rely on the battlefield and hope your units level up in there or just use champion statuettes.

Did this on accident on my first playthrough before I knew how to access the training option.

If you want a fun (and perhaps irritating) challenge do a beast/golem playthorough. Where each unit has to include two beast/golem characters in addition to its leader.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Hmmmm, one could go the "Glass Magnus chanllenge."

It's a rewarding challenge that only lasts the first 3 chapters.

Basically, Magnus, and also Leia/Dio can benefit from having better growths then everyone else due to their automatic story promotions. So the challenge is to NOT use Magnus/Leia/Dio (You can stick them all in one unit) until Chapter 4. After which part you can level them normally, thus creating super powerful killing machines (especially Magnus, he'll be on Ankiseth-like growths from Lv3-4 and up Razz)

One could do a Legion-associated challenge, as well.

Or 1rst class only challenge, now that would be quite a hassle. Beasts/Dragons would look awesome since they auto-promote xD
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

ha, I got another one. The family and friends playthrough. In short you can only have units based off people you know. Their class would be based off their personality.

Its kinda silly, but it could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 am

Oh I do that every game xD

I rename EVERY non-Hero unit in my army to somebody I know.

I usually have a few premade units everytime in mind every time I start a game xD

Makes the generic units a lot more fun that way! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:26 am

I have always wanted to try a play through using only named story characters. This includes Troi, Asnabel, etc.

The first few missions would be hard, especially the first where you don't have access to training, but after you get about 5 or 6 you should be able to pull it off.

If I could get an emulator to work on my work computer I might actually try this.
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Haha wihtout training it's easy. You just have to keep using all your units. But basic equipment is harder, and no class promotion (knight->paladin) would be even harder.

Let's set up a ruleset and promise to play the game that way, so we can se how good we can be!

Back to top Go down
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:32 am

manikinator wrote:
Haha wihtout training it's easy.

That's actually how I did my first play through.
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Muliciber wrote:
manikinator wrote:

Yeah, i remember Danika killed almos every unit i had until i send the zenobians(all 5) to finish her...
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 pm

manikinator wrote:
Muliciber wrote:
manikinator wrote:

Yeah, i remember Danika killed almos every unit i had until i send the zenobians(all 5) to finish her...

Now I would have loved to see that!

Oh you know another idea is like the pokemon one. Once a character faints or dies, you can't revive them and must
kick them from your army.
Back to top Go down
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 am

Zargata wrote:
Oh you know another idea is like the pokemon one. Once a character faints or dies, you can't revive them and must
kick them from your army.

In all my plays I don't think I've lost more then 10 people. I think most were my first play through.

Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Max Magnus wrote:
Hmmmm, one could go the "Glass Magnus chanllenge."

It's a rewarding challenge that only lasts the first 3 chapters.

Basically, Magnus, and also Leia/Dio can benefit from having better growths then everyone else due to their automatic story promotions. So the challenge is to NOT use Magnus/Leia/Dio (You can stick them all in one unit) until Chapter 4. After which part you can level them normally, thus creating super powerful killing machines (especially Magnus, he'll be on Ankiseth-like growths from Lv3-4 and up Razz)xD
I really like this idea. It could let me make new units out of the non used characters. It could also feel like being the red army(you know since their units never have a huge boss other than the main boss). also, I have never tried to leave out magnus for the first three chapters, and this could give me an excuse to finally do that.
Back to top Go down
Tobyus
Fighter
Tobyus

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:50 am

7 units maximum

Leaving one unit to guard home base, use only 6 units to defeat all who stand before you. Your teams start getting buff pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:44 am

restrict yourself to the "weaker" classes only. For females you use dragon tamers/masters. For males you use ninjas. faires and gremlins are also welcome.

Or you could do the whole zombie apocalypse theme. Use zombies exclusively 'unless they get transfromed by an attack", and except the unit leaders. Unit leaders can be vampires/doll masters/enchanters/or angel knights. Beginning of the game would be hard, and quite possibly the end as well. Only relief would be if you could manage to get an angel knight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!    Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you up for a CHALLENGE?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum :: Ogre Battle 64 :: OB64 - General Discussion-
Jump to: