The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love and Peace the key to Limted Units

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Empty
PostSubject: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:16 pm

OK basically this is my discovery about the actual numbers of The "limited units". Mostly I'm talking about Black knights, Saturos, and to a lesser extent angel knights. The other limited classes in the game are Dragoons, Liches, Vampires and Princesses. Liches and Vampires you can have 2 of each. While Dragoons and Princesses you can only have 1 of each respectively. So that cuts us down to the 3 this faq covers. I will only cover these 3 as the other receive are already covered by other guides in detail.

Basically i started my research because of a post about favorite units. Which I posted mine of 5 Black knights led by Carth. I was questioned how i got the 5 for the unit. Basically i was asked because you can only Make 3 Black knights at a time, as only 3 Valiant mantles are available. IF, you get Carth that makes a total of 4. So how did i get my 5th you ask? Why i used the item "Love and Peace". This item will allow you to persuade an enemy unit to join your battalion if they are not the unit leader, or the last character in a unit.
So i got to thinking, how many can i actually recruit in this manner? Am i actually as restricted as previously thought? Which also led me to question how many Saturos could actually be gotten. I was curious to this as they are ONLY encountered through enemy units. They do not have any neutral encounters. So that means that they are essentially an even rarer unit option. Now last but not least also was curious about angel knights, even though they are essentially unlimited because they can be made. It's just extremely difficult to do. This is why most people recruit them with "Love and Peace"

So now lets get down to the essentials. So how many love and peace are available?

Love and Peace Locations:
2 at Wentinus (scene 18 Found on map)
1 at Tremos Mtns(Scene 23 Found on map)
1 at Barpeth(Scene 35 Found on map)
1 atTybell(Scene 36 Enemy drop)
1 at Castle Talpaea(Scene 41 Enemy drop).
Found of Gorgons at Ptia(Scene 32)-Snowy Forests or Latium(Scene 37)-Forests

Basically 5 through normal play, but if your willing to grind you get the option at scene 32. And i do mean grind. It is a possible drop from a random encounter with a Gorgon. So now with your seemingly limitless supply of the fantastic "Love and peace",
the question becomes how many of these once rare classes can you get? I will now break it down for each class.

BKs in the game you encounter that arent leaders:

4 at Scene 4 (In Yumil's unit, so not an enemy anyway, therefore not possible to love and peace)

4 at Wentinus (Scene 18)
2 at Fair Heights (Scene 21)
2 at Tremos Mtns(Scene 23)*
2 at Capitrium(Scene 24)*
2 at Tremos Mtns(Scene 26)
2 at Temple of Berthe(Scene 27)
2 at Romulus(Scene 30)
2 at Tundra of Argent(Scene 34)
2 at Tybell(Scene 36)
2 at Winnea(Scene 38)
6 at Caliber(Scene 43)**

Total of 26 possible to L&P because of the path split after Fair Heights(Scene 21)
So you can get 2before and 12after Ptia(Scene 32) when you can hunt Gorgons for a total of only 14 actually obtainable by L&P
3 Valiant Mantles
Carth

For a Grand total of 18 at any given time

Saturos you encounter that aren't Leaders:

2 at Fort Romulus(Scene 31)
2 at Ptia(Scene 32)
3 at Tundra of Argent(Scene 34)
5 at Barpeth(Scene 35)
3 at Tybell(Scene 36)
4 at Latium(Scene 37)
1 at Winnea(Scene 38)
1 at Aurura Plains(Scene 39)
2 at Wentinus(Scene 40)
2 at Mount Keryoleth(Scene 42)***
Total of 25 possible to L&P

Angel Knights you encounter that aren't leaders:

6 at Celesis(Scene 25)
4 at Latium(Scene 37)
6 at Caliber(Scene43)

Total of 16 possible to L&P, but the number is essentially infinite because they can be made. My personal opinion is that these are a waste of love and peace, but if you went through the grind, and this is what you want go for it.

Sadly you only get 2 L&P, before you are able to farm for them Which will ultimately reduce the availability of whichever class you don't choose with your initial two L&P by 2 respectively. Which according to the numbers, shows it is ultimately better to use them on the black knights since they are the most restricted. Sadly i have to end the faq on a bad note. Regardless of how much you grind, the L&P is not guaranteed to win over an enemy. This is where your luck comes in to factor. Things like killing the unit leader seems to help as it lowers the units morale. Best of luck to you on your endeavors should you choose to grind it out for this awesome possibility.

Last edited by necronium on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Awesome guide! Thanks for making it! Once I find the time and what not, mind if I add it to the site?
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:26 am

By all means. i have no issue with this whatsoever. I dont see it being an issue as long as I'm credited, which i know will not be an issue.

But before you do wait till i get my final copy done. I found a mistake and am currently updating it and trying to make it a little prettier.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am

necronium wrote:
By all means. i have no issue with this whatsoever. I dont see it being an issue as long as I'm credited, which i know will not be an issue.

But before you do wait till i get my final copy done. I found a mistake and am currently updating it and trying to make it a little prettier.
Okay will do! I am planning some minor updates soon so I hope it can be ready for the next slew of updateness!
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm

yeah i made teh edits to it and cleaned it up a bit already. It's in the first post already so no need to wait.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:07 pm

necronium wrote:
yeah i made teh edits to it and cleaned it up a bit already. It's in the first post already so no need to wait.
okay! Well it's first on my todo list then~! Thank you want again for the contribution. When I site you as a source do you want me to link you to a personal webpage or profile?
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 am

http://ogrebattle.weebly.com/love-and-peace.html

There you go. You also now have full creative control of the page. Want something changed? It shall be done! Want this art here? It shall be done!
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am

Zargata wrote:
necronium wrote:
okay! Well it's first on my todo list then~! Thank you want again for the contribution. When I site you as a source do you want me to link you to a personal webpage or profile?

Just site me as Robert Wilson aka Necronium

And i like the layout of the page quite a bit. Very nicely done thanks for featuring my little guide.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:30 pm

necronium wrote:
Zargata wrote:
necronium wrote:

Just site me as Robert Wilson aka Necronium

And i like the layout of the page quite a bit. Very nicely done thanks for featuring my little guide.
okay I added that. Glad you like the layout. ^w^
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm

I've never had any luck L&P'ing leaderless Black Knights or Angel Knights (I had to raise my own AKs, and they are a absolute pain to make). Does using multiple L&P's on the unit gradually increase the chances of a character switching?
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 pm

marjin wrote:
I've never had any luck L&P'ing leaderless Black Knights or Angel Knights (I had to raise my own AKs, and they are a absolute pain to make). Does using multiple L&P's on the unit gradually increase the chances of a character switching?
I don't believe it does. I think the best method is to just restart to mission over and over until you acquire the desired unit. from my own experience I think having them leaderless and damaged does eventually yield results.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:55 pm

chances do not increase with consectutive uses as far as i know. Its just a shot. It seems the lower the enemy morale is though, the easier it is to recruit. Its almost impossible for them to be recruited if their leader is alive i do know this.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Nice L&P Guide!
I believe it is a great guide, and am glad you made it. I am sure it will help me in my quest to dominate my oponents.
Thank you sir! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:16 pm

well thank you, i hope it helps you.
Back to top Go down
Everester
Soldier
Everester

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:38 am

gallant for action! wrote:
Nice L&P Guide!
I believe it is a great guide, and am glad you made it. I am sure it will help me in my quest to dominate my oponents.
Thank you sir! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:36 am

Can't believe i didnt mention it before, but also you cannot L&P the last member of a unit.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: UPDATE TO THE GUIDE   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:17 am

Ogre Battle 64 Limited Unit Faq
Version 1.1
written by Necronium

Table of contents
1. Introduction
2. Love and Peace Locations [LPL]
3 Black knight Breakdown [BlkKn]
4. Saturos Breakdown [Strs]
5. Angel Knight Breakdown [AnglKn]
6. Closing
7. Legal

For easy searching just ctrl+f and use the code in the brackets.

1. Introduction

OK this is my discovery about the actual numbers of The "limited units". There are certain classes in the game that you are only limited to a certain amount of. In total there are 7 limited classes in the

game that have a limited obtainable number. And they are: Lich, Vampire, Dragoon, Princess, Black Knight, Angel Knight, and Saturos. Liches and Vampires you can have 2 of each. While Dragoons and

Princesses you can only have 1 of each respectively. So that cuts us down to the 3 this faq covers the Black Knight, Angel Knight and the Saturos.. I will only cover these 3 as the other 4 are already covered

by other guides in detail.

Basically i started my research because of a post about favorite units. Which I posted mine of 5 Black knights led by Carth. I was questioned how i got the 5 for the unit. Basically i was asked because you

can only Make 3 Black knights at a time, as only 3 Valiant mantles are available. IF, you get Carth that makes a total of 4. So how did i get my 5th you ask? Why i used the item "Love and Peace". This

item will allow you to persuade an enemy unit to join your battalion if they are not the unit leader, or the last character in a unit.

So i got to thinking, how many can I actually recruit in this manner? Am I actually as restricted as previously thought? Which also led me to question how many Saturos could actually be gotten. I was curious

to this as they are ONLY encountered through enemy units. They do not have any neutral encounters. So that means that they are essentially an even rarer unit option.

Now last but not least also was curious about Angel Knights, even though they are essentially unlimited because they can be made. It's just extremely difficult to do. This is why most people recruit them with

"Love and Peace"

So now lets get down to the essentials. What is Love and Peace, what exactly does it do, and how many love and peace are available?
Love and Peace is an item that can be used on an enemy unit to persuade a member to join your battalion. Unit morale seems to be key in them abandoning their unit and joining you. Killing enemy

leaders is seemingly the best way to do this You cannot use them to recruit Knight Templars, Grapplers, Gatekeepers(Knights of Danika), Daemons, or enemy unit leaders. But through normal gameplay

only a limited number are readily available to be gotten easily. I will give the locations of all the Love and Peace items that you can obtain.

[LPL]
2. Love and Peace Locations:

2 at Wentinus (Scene 18 Found on map on the road between Ellode and Silhouette, 1 is unit drop From the unit at Yves. Unit is consists of 2x Diana, 1x Witch, 2x Cataphract)
1 at Tremos Mtns(Scene 23 Enemy drop. Unit consists of 2x Ninja Master, 2x Pumpkin Head, 1x Swordmaster)
1 at Temple of Berthe(Scene 27, found on map north of Sarrehart, between the mountains in the top of the valley.)
1 at Barpeth(Scene 35 Found on map in the forest east of Belce.)
1 at Tybell(Scene 36 Enemy drop with 3x Ravens, 2x Gremlins charging southwest of Pazano)
1 at Castle Talpaea(Scene 41 Enemy drop. Unit consists of 1x Ahzi Dahaka, 1x Earth Dragon, 1x Saturos near cavalier park. )

Found off of Gorgons at Ptia(Scene 32)-Snowy Forests or Latium(Scene 37)-Forests

Basically 7 through normal play. But if your willing to hunt gorgons for them, you get the option at scene 32. It's definately going to be a grind to get a large number of them to satisfy your goal. And if you have

ever hunted any neutral encounter on this game for certain drops you realize how bad this is going to be. So now with your seemingly limitless supply of the fantastic "Love and peace", the question

becomes how many of these once rare classes can you get? I will now break it down for each class.

Sadly you only get 2 L&P, before you are able to farm for them Which will ultimately reduce the availability of whichever class you don't choose with your initial two L&P by 2 respectively. Which according to

the numbers, shows it is ultimately better to use them on the Black Knights since they are the most restricted.

Below is just a breakdown of each class and where they can be found.

[BlkKn]
3. Black Knight Breakdown

Black Knights in the game you encounter that arent leaders:

4 at Scene 4 (In Yumil's unit, so not an enemy anyway, therefore not possible to love and peace)

4 at Wentinus (Scene 18)
2 at Fair Heights (Scene 21)
2 at Tremos Mtns(Scene 23)*
2 at Capitrium(Scene 24)*
2 at Tremos Mtns(Scene 26)
2 at Temple of Berthe(Scene 27)
2 at Romulus(Scene 30)
2 at Tundra of Argent(Scene 34)
2 at Tybell(Scene 36)
2 at Winnea(Scene 38)
6 at Caliber(Scene 43)**

Total of 28 possible to L&P, you can get a max of 4 before Ptia(Scene 32) and 12 after, when you can hunt Gorgons for a total of only 16 actually obtainable by L&P.
3 Valiant Mantles all found on Scene 14 Sable lowlands, 1 is hidden on map just follow the road between Temil and Shichidarui. The other 2 are unit drops. Unit 1 consists of a Black Knight , 2x Beserkers,

2x Ravens. Unit 2 consists of a Vultan, 2x Knights, and 2x Hawkmen
Recruiting Carth

For a Grand total of 20 at any given time

Note that scene 23 Tremos Mtns has 2 black knights and a L&P tas a unit drop so if you are trying to maximize you should seek out the L&P first

[Strs]
4. Saturos Breakdown

Saturos you encounter that aren't Leaders:

2 at Fort Romulus(Scene 31)
2 at Ptia(Scene 32)
3 at Tundra of Argent(Scene 34)
5 at Barpeth(Scene 35)
3 at Tybell(Scene 36)
4 at Latium(Scene 37)
1 at Winnea(Scene 38)
1 at Aurura Plains(Scene 39)
2 at Wentinus(Scene 40)
2 at Mount Keryoleth(Scene 42)***

Total of 25 possible to L&P

[AnglKn]
5. Angel Knight Breakdown

Angel Knights you encounter that aren't leaders:

6 at Celesis(Scene 25)
4 at Latium(Scene 37)
6 at Caliber(Scene43)

Total of 16 possible to L&P, but the number is essentially infinate because they can be made. My personal opinion is that these are a waste of love and peace, but if you went through the grind, and this is

what you want, then go for it.

6. Closing

Thats it for this small faq, i found out quite a bit in my hunt to my original answer. It has given me a new look on what i previously thought was futile. Best of luck to you, i hope you get all that you possibly

can, its going to take a lot of work but hopefully you can succeed at getting the units you desire. Hopefully this was helpful to those that want an army of Black knights.

7. Legal Shizz
Well here goes the legal bit. This guide is copyright of me Robert Wilson aka necronium on gamefaqs. It is intended for personal use only. You may freely download and use this faq as you want. If you

would like to share it all I ask is that you contact me and gain my permission. So far the only sites that have permission to host this faq is gamefaqs.com and the ogre battle 64 archive

(http://ogrebattle.weebly.com). If you find this faq posted on any other site please contact me through gamefaqs.com or email me at my hotmail address knight_of_danika.

Credits go to
Prima Games Official Stategy Guide
Cyric Z and his amazing faq
The Ogre Battle 64 message board on gamefaqs
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:23 am

I'll make sure to update this on the main site as well!
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:08 am

yeah reading over it i found a few errors, and went back and rewrote some to make it a little easier to understand. I submitted it on gamefaqs after editing it too so hopefully it will get published there as well.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:54 am

sadly it wont be featured on gamefaqs as it is overly specialized........ Oh well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love and Peace the key to Limted Units   Love and Peace the key to Limted Units Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love and Peace the key to Limted Units
Page 1 of 1