The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats your favorite class?

Go down 
+10
Necronium
Ghoulz
Cain
Max Magnus
Swayz
noah
PaladinTeam
FaerieCuddles
Starcomet
Zargata
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

Whats your favorite class? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Mine is Dragon Master's! xD
Why? Because they are just awesome.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Starcomet
Fighter
Starcomet

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:03 am

Mines is the Archmage because I just love wizards and magic Smile.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:58 am

The Archmages are indeed sweet. I normally have three in the back row and have them a super powerful spell together.

At the end of the game they still are one of the best units to have, while my Dragon Master tends to be a little lack luster.
Back to top Go down
FaerieCuddles
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Mine's definitely the dragoon, he looks so awesome with that golden armor. As for female characters, I like the Freya the best. I've always loved the freya/valkyrie in the tactics/ogre battle games, even though they are quite lackluster in this one.
Back to top Go down
PaladinTeam
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:29 pm

paladins,dark knights,archmages,dragoon,(does biske the werewolf count? Razz) what one to choose..... :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:53 am

All good classes. Perhaps the only onw I hate are the Beast Tamers/Masters. Soooooo UGLY! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
noah
Fighter
noah

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Zargata wrote:
All good classes. Perhaps the only onw I hate are the Beast Tamers/Masters. Soooooo UGLY! Evil or Very Mad

i agree with ya there. i kinda hate paladins too though since everyone loves them and think they are the best class. i like to have unique units with a few of the same class as possible. i like too many classes though to have a favorite...........

- enchanter
- centurion
- freya
- dragoon
- black knight
- witch
- seraph
- and the list goes on and on....maybe i shoulda just listed the classes i dont like :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Swayz
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 pm

I like Witches. Even though they suck. But you give them Meteor Strike and everything is all good. Cool
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:54 pm

I have to agree that the wiches are a much better class in the SNES Ogre Battle. But all and all, they aren't bad in the 64 one either.
Back to top Go down
Swayz
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 pm

One thing I don't like about ogre battle is the fact that the classes are so gender specific. I wish it was more like D&D.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Gladiator (Magnus) and General (Magnus), obviously.

But special classes aside, I always enjoyed Swordmasters, cool class that delivers epic moments via epic crits and epic blocks.

Too bad they're a bit on the squishy side, but it's all good.

Better to make a Dragoon out of unit who's been leveling as a Fencer/Swordmaster all game then a Paladin, since he'll have high DEX/AGI and the heavy armor he gets to wear will make up for the lack of VIT in his earlier levels.
Back to top Go down
Cain
Fighter
Cain

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:15 pm

My favorite class is the Cataphract.

Yeah, I know people say it sucks, but I like the historical cataphracts (and I'm a byzantine/greek enthusiast) and it just makes me glad if they are at least (poorly) represented in a game, since the videogame industry usually priorizes the frankish model of knights.

Few games depict them, fewer depict them correctly :'(
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:21 pm

The Cataphract is indeed an interesting class.

It is just a shame they don't have a better attack pattern. But for an balanced class, they are still pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 am

Yeah, they would need better offensive growths, since the Black Knights completly outclass them, and all other male melee classes have 3 attacks front-line.

Though, you gotta admit, meeting those 3 Cataphract + 2 Priest units is quite annoying if you don't have the right unit to counter it!
Back to top Go down
Ghoulz
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Max Magnus wrote:
Better to make a Dragoon out of unit who's been leveling as a Fencer/Swordmaster all game then a Paladin, since he'll have high DEX/AGI and the heavy armor he gets to wear will make up for the lack of VIT in his earlier levels.

I prefure the Dragoon trained as a beserker/black knight. I'd use one as a leader in the frontline so I would want him durable.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:34 pm

I always make mine with a Paladin. I think I'll try the Fencer route. Since I don't like
the Beserkers. xD
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 am

Actually, Berserkers have the same growths as Knights, except +1 VIT per level, so they're better the Knights, growth wise. Though you don't get any armor on them early game.

Black Knights have the best STR and VIT growths in the same, but I still prefer them Dragoons to be made out of a Swordmaster. Much easier to manage making one out of a Swordmaster, rather a Black Knight, which you always want to have the max you can in your army.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:14 am

I always make my dragoon out of a sword master. The dex and agility combined with heavy armor makes them beastly. If they don't guard the attack they don't take much damage from it, and then they hit like a tank.

My favorite class has to be Black Knights though, sure they only get 2 attacks, so Swordmasters and Paladins can outdamage them, but ever since i seen Jeal i was like "OH YEAH, thats what i want to be"

Female would be Dragon Tamers just cause they look cool too.

Dragoon/Princess doesnt seem to be a fair choice as they rank with the unique classes.
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:24 am

Thread necromancy.

Favorite Human class would be Dianas, since they are named after the Goddess of the Hunt and more importantly they are the ideal class for picking off those pesky Gremlins. Most of my units include one or two.

Favorite Undead class is Seraph, Jihad is a surprisingly powerful 9x9 AoE for a class that only takes one character slot in a unit. Granted, Drakonite books do better, but then again the Spellcasting classes can't fly nor wear armor and carry shields.

Favorite Demi-Human class is Raven, better Dex growth than Vultans so they hit harder and are more accurate.

Favorite Beast class is Sphinx, since it is my favorite mythological creature (symbolizes fate) and does a truckload of magic damage.

Favorite Dragon is the Tiamat, since his back row special attack makes me think of Bruce Campell. Laughing

Favorite Netherworld class is Saturos, since Satyrs are cool and provide additional use for extra magic 1-handed axe/hammers I tend to accumulate as the game goes on.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:25 am

Thread necromancy? xD I like it.

Being an awesome gal that I am, I love the Diana class as well. Not for the fact I share the name or anything vain like that... >w<

Can you guess what class I always name after myself? Diana of course! xD

Hmm that just sparked a new idea for a topic!
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 pm

My favorite class would have to be the flarebrass. Put him in the backrow and you will give powerdowns even to flying characters (unlike the Azhi dahaka).
As for the human classes, it would have to be the princess,mostly because they will give your whole unit an extra round to attack!
Back to top Go down
liforrevenge
Fighter
liforrevenge

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:40 am

I think I've always loved Fencers the most, they have such cool hats! Second would be witches I think, not the best class in the game but I like the look of them. And third would probably be the raven, they're so much cooler than vultans!
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 pm

I have to admit, since working on the new images, I like the fencer more than I did before. They are a pretty neat class.
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am

Zargata wrote:
I have to admit, since working on the new images, I like the fencer more than I did before. They are a pretty neat class.

Not to mention the Fencer is the best classes to groom your lawful male combat characters early game. His stat growth will produce superior Paladins, Dragoon, Sword Masters (duh), and even Enchanters instead of grooming them as Knights.

Next playthrough I'm going to try grooming my Black Knights as chaotic Fencers instead Beast Tamers/Berserkers, I think the lower Vitality will be outweighed by the higher Dexterity.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:06 am

marjin wrote:

Not to mention the Fencer is the best classes to groom your lawful male combat characters early game. His stat growth will produce superior Paladins, Dragoon, Sword Masters (duh), and even Enchanters instead of grooming them as Knights.
Thats a great idea Marjin,Perhaps ill try making Paladins with fencers this playthrough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favorite class?   Whats your favorite class? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your favorite class?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next