The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.

Go down 
+8
Muliciber
Cain
Leomanz
liforrevenge
marjin
Zargata
Necronium
gallant for action!
12 posters
AuthorMessage
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Empty
PostSubject: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 pm

I first got my copy in a flea market.I didnt know a single thing about ogre battle, just that the purple dragon in the cover was awesome. Cool
I only paid 12 dollars for it,which for me seemed pretty expensive until I saw the prices on the internet.Anyway, I loved the game when I was able to play it so it was a game worth buying! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:16 am

bought it with some money i got for my birthday whenever it came out. I was pretty hyped for its release due to Nintendo power coverage.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 am

I went to blockbuster one day and saw it for rental. I liked the purple dragon on the box so I rented it.

Loved it.

My brother got his birthday a few weeks later. I think my Dad paid around $80 bucks for it new back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Rented my copy from Blockbuster, wasn't able to finish it in time to return it so I decided to keep it. To fool them I took one of my broken cartridges, carefully peeled off the label of the OB64 cartridge and placed it on the defective cartridge as well as copied the rental number with a sharpie. So since then my copy of OB64 is a blank cartridge with some black numbers on the sides.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:49 am

That's funny Marjin! I can't believe they were fooled by that!

Well you got Ogre Battle out of it, grats.

Also, WELCOME! Always glad to have new members!
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 am

Zargata wrote:
That's funny Marjin! I can't believe they were fooled by that!

Well you got Ogre Battle out of it, grats.

Also, WELCOME! Always glad to have new members!

I assume today I thought I was being clever at the time, but I suppose now I got away with it since Blockbuster is a defunct company now.

And thank you for the welcome, I found this board browsing the backlog of the Gamefaqs OB64 board.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:20 am

marjin wrote:

I assume today I thought I was being clever at the time, but I suppose now I got away with it since Blockbuster is a defunct company now.

And thank you for the welcome, I found this board browsing the backlog of the Gamefaqs OB64 board.

LOL. xD

Oh really? I know one of our members keep the address in their sig on that board. It's a good board. Every now and again my
site pops up as a ref, but more or less, they tend to keep quiet about it.
Back to top Go down
liforrevenge
Fighter
liforrevenge

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 am

I actually found the game at a local rental place a long time ago. I rented it once and played a bit into it, I was quite addicted. The time came to take it back, and I did. I never forgot about how awesome it was though. I rented it again several months later- my save file was completely untouched (as well as my brother's.) How could no one rent such an awesome game!? Anyway, had to take it back again, but now I was really enthralled by it. I'm not sure how much time passed afterward, but we happened to be in a mall, and my mom poked into a gamestop, I could only wonder why, and she walks out and hands me a plastic bag. I peek inside: OGRE BATTLE! A shining moment for motherdom.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Oh how cute! xD
Back to top Go down
Leomanz
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:59 pm

I bought the game brand new for around $60 when it came out; along with a strategy guide that I wish I could find (I probably threw it away while cleaning up :[). At the time all my friends were playing RPGs on their playstations and telling me how awesome Final Fantasy was. Unfortunately I only had an N64, so I jumped on OB64 when I first heard of a legit RPG hitting the system.

Been in love with the series since then. Still have my OB64 cartridge, too. Amazing that I haven't lost it.
Back to top Go down
liforrevenge
Fighter
liforrevenge

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:24 am

They DEFINITELY needed more RPGs on the 64.
Back to top Go down
Cain
Fighter
Cain

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 am

Ha, my story is a little bit different.

I wasn't a N64 kid. The N64 was expensive here in my country (and so were the cartridges, costing about US$200 on average). The PSX was cheaper and pirating its titles was a widespread practice due to the lower socioeconomical status in comparison to USA's. Finding cheaply priced CD's was very easy (US$2 to US$12, depending on disc quality and number).

My friend had a Tactics Ogre CD which I traded for about 4-5 of my games (all very cheap back then, especially given that finding a TO CD was a bit harder). It was badly scratched but it lasted long enough until I managed to find an ISO from the internet and play it on the emulator a few years later.

That's when I found out about N64 and the other titles in the Ogre series and tried them all. I confess the PSX title is the only Ogre title I finished - I always stop after a while every time I try the other games. I play TO to this day and take care of the Tactics Ogre Forums where we discuss the Ogre series but mostly the PSX title, its remake and its hacks (thanks, Japan Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

Leomanz wrote:
I bought the game brand new for around $60 when it came out; along with a strategy guide that I wish I could find (I probably threw it away while cleaning up :[).

Same, except I have my strategy guide still. It fell apart years ago though and has been wrapped with rubber bands since then.

Also, the guide by Prima (I think) was pretty bad. I mostly used it for the maps with item locations.

Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Muliciber wrote:
Leomanz wrote:
I bought the game brand new for around $60 when it came out; along with a strategy guide that I wish I could find (I probably threw it away while cleaning up :[).

Same, except I have my strategy guide still. It fell apart years ago though and has been wrapped with rubber bands since then.

Also, the guide by Prima (I think) was pretty bad. I mostly used it for the maps with item locations.

Yeah I just bought it for 30 off ebay. OMG uhhh The Japanese one was more helpful. owo But I do plan I using it in the future for the site. But still...cool but not worth it.
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Haha godd old times   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 am

I used to rent the game near my house.

One day I saw the game on a flea market, so I took it and i still have it in my drawer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

manikinator wrote:

One day I saw the game on a flea market, so I took it and i still have it in my drawer Very Happy

You make it sound like you stole it. xS

lol
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:03 pm

I was hyped for the Nintendo Power coverage and rented it from the local video store. Loved the game, though I didn't understand much of what I was doing, tactically xD

I was just charging people with Magnus' unit all the time. Then I rented it again and saw my game was still there, so I restarted the right way. After a few rents, my parents hunted it down (was apparently quite difficult!) so I could get it on Christmas. xD

OB64 is probably my favorite game of all time ^_^
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Zargata wrote:
manikinator wrote:

You make it sound like you stole it. xS

lol
Haha come on man... I payed for it so... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Oh! Speaking of stealing, I just got another copy for a steal! Only 6 bucks!

I still have to test it, but I wonder what data is on it! >w<
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Max Magnus wrote:
I was hyped for the Nintendo Power coverage and rented it from the local video store. Loved the game, though I didn't understand much of what I was doing, tactically xD
I remember when I first started playing it,I didn't know much too. I didnt know how to change my units's equipment and let alone even dispatch them, So you can imagine how many units magnus the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. 4223361254 had to kill by himself and his unit. After getting game overs in mission 3, I got sick of the game and decided to put it down for around a year. A year later I got bored and decided to played it(after playing its tutorial) and found myself enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Tobyus
Fighter
Tobyus

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 am

I rented it from Blockbuster, and paid so many late fees, that when I told them I lost it they just said give us 20 more bucks and we can say you bought it.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:37 am

Max Magnus wrote:

I was just charging people with Magnus' unit all the time. Then I rented it again and saw my game was still there, so I restarted the right way. After a few rents, my parents hunted it down (was apparently quite difficult!) so I could get it on Christmas. xD

OB64 is probably my favorite game of all time ^_^
I was very dissappointed with nintendos lack of rpg games since i was such a huge fan of the snes and all their wonderful titles. I actually removed all the ogre battle pages from my nintendo powers no matter how insignificant and placed them in a folder. Which looking back i wish i would have just left them in since i found all my old nintendo powers in abox and the images from those pages could be usefull. I dont think i have ever been as hyped about a game before or since. i can say without a shadow of a doubt that this game is one of my 3 favorites games. With the other two being monster hunter and diablo 2.
Back to top Go down
Ralee
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 6:58 pm

I'm in the UK and after reading an IGN review just HAD to have the game, so bought a US version for 60 GBP.

Couple of problems - as it wasn't a PAL version I also bought a dubious 'passport' 3 way adaptor to bypass the region chip. I used my PAL Robotron 64 as the piggyback (Robotron 64. Now there's a game).

Second problem - I'd given my original N64 to my sister so had to go and buy a new one. This was June 2001 and new N64s were becoming scarce. But as I wasn't patient enough to find a used one I had to take what I could get. Which was a pokemon themed N64 from Woolworths (now closed down), proudly sporting a picachu with flashing red cheeks when you start it up. Embarrassing.

But the whole thing worked. Ogre Battle 64 is just brilliant - so replayable. There's so much to the game - I especially like the character models and animation.

Best NPC? The Enchanter. I know the attack isn't great, but cool animation and evil doll action.

Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 7:13 pm

ive re-bought it on the wii virtual console as well as MoTBQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.   the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the story behind your ogre battle 64 copy.
Page 1 of 1