The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

least favorite characters and classes

Go down 
+5
marjin
liforrevenge
FaerieCuddles
Zargata
gallant for action!
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

least favorite characters and classes Empty
PostSubject: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:14 am

A character I just hate is Paul. I don't like the way he blames magnus for the death of his friend . Besides I also hate the dollmaster class.Another reason to get europia and biske for me
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:13 pm

When I was younger I use to HATE Dio and Leia. I'd kill them as
soon as I could. But things change, I don't really care now!
Although I do like Dio a lot more. xD

Gotta say I still hate the Fencers and Sword Masters.
Back to top Go down
http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
FaerieCuddles
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 am

Paul doesn't blame Magnus, he blames himself for the death of his friend. The annoyance I have with him though is his way of sounding arrogant on the battlefield. I used to not like Leia just because she's basically a freya so she stays weak throughout the game. She also can't equip helmets to improve her stats, so a freya can out damage her in the physical department (helm of fearless) and to a lesser extent, out damage her in the magic department (baldr helm). The only thing she has going for her are the slightly improved resistances which don't matter much. Now though, I take advantage of her auto-class change in chapter 3. I always leave her out of battle in the first 2 chapters and only start using her from chapter 3 onwards, the improved stat gains make her more tolerable. I do the same thing for Dio now, he can be a beast.
Back to top Go down
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
gallant for action!

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:14 pm

I have always hated the berserker class until recently that I started making black knights from berkers and the results were much better than the ones I made from knights.the black knights had more vitalaty than the ones originating from knights. Other than that I still hate them just not as much.
Back to top Go down
liforrevenge
Fighter
liforrevenge

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Zargata wrote:

Fencers? D: but they have awesome hats! Also awesome weapons!

I'd have to say my least favorite is the Beast Tamer. Not a big fan of basic burly guy with whip.
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:07 pm

liforrevenge wrote:
Zargata wrote:

Fencers? D: but they have awesome hats! Also awesome weapons!

I'd have to say my least favorite is the Beast Tamer. Not a big fan of basic burly guy with whip.
They do have awesome hats. But that doesn't change the fact I don't like their green skirts! Very Happy
Ripped by Bagel
Back to top Go down
marjin
Fighter
marjin

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Fencers wear Hakama which are technically pants. They are the best low tier male grooming class due to their dex stat growth.

My least favorite are:

Knights: Great equipment but lousy stat growth.

Valkyries: Same as above. Dragon tamers make superior Freyas.

Goblins: Terribad, 'nuff said.

Gremlins: Frigging abyss attack never works when I throw them into my air units, but when I fight them they always seem to sleep my characters. Mad
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:15 pm

marjin wrote:
Fencers wear Hakama which are technically pants. They are the best low tier male grooming class due to their dex stat growth.

My least favorite are:

Knights: Great equipment but lousy stat growth.

Valkyries: Same as above. Dragon tamers make superior Freyas.

Goblins: Terribad, 'nuff said.

Gremlins: Frigging abyss attack never works when I throw them into my air units, but when I fight them they always seem to sleep my characters. Mad

Well those are some fancy pants.

and OMG germlins. Freaken hate fighting them.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Enemy Gremlins: Auto sleep on your units, 75% dodge.
Your Gremlins: Tanks enemies with their faces, never sleeps anything important.

I don't like Griffons, they are deceptively weak compared to what they look, especially compared to the awesome Wyverns. But I always find myself recruiting one anyway...

I don't like Witches, though they are a good grooming class for Sirens, and are helpful in Elem Pedra battles.

Freyas/Leia : Average in everything, good at nothing in particular <_<

I don't enjoy Enchanters because they're weak characters who benefit from being in melee range.
Back to top Go down
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 am

Try as I may, I can't keep using Leia, she just seems mediocre.
Same goes with Valkyries in general.

Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Ha! Leia. I don't know why I have such a hatred for her either. She is so...bland. Plus she doesn't
have the cool head wings like the normal Valks. >w>
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 am

ha! easy one: Goblins.

They don't have high ATk and Def.

In the description the game says they're strong n stuff, but they were never useful to me.

I prefer Skeletons or even ghosts...
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Leia is only "good" if you abuse her auto-promotion lol.

Also, if we're talking Goblins (ya, they suck), we'll also discuss them Fairies! It's like having a glass cannon, but without the actual damage...

Fairies, I'm convinced, were only added to troll players in Cleric units in Training Mode. Everyone has seen fights that become impossible because the Fairy on the other team buffed up the other units so hard, combined with the Cleric's healing, that's it's litteraly impossible to win xD
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Max Magnus wrote:

Also, if we're talking Goblins (ya, they suck), we'll also discuss them Fairies! It's like having a glass cannon, but without the actual damage...

Fairies, I'm convinced, were only added to troll players in Cleric units in Training Mode. Everyone has seen fights that become impossible because the Fairy on the other team buffed up the other units so hard, combined with the Cleric's healing, that's it's litteraly impossible to win xD

yeah, and they cant kill you either...it's like a vicious circle Very Happy i remember those battles in mylesia training
Back to top Go down
Zargata
Admin
Admin
Zargata

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 pm

manikinator wrote:
Max Magnus wrote:

yeah, and they cant kill you either...it's like a vicious circle Very Happy i remember those battles in mylesia training
Oh god, don't remind me. I HAAAATE those units.
Back to top Go down
Muliciber
Fighter
Muliciber

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 am

Also,

Troi. I like the boy he has spirit. It's really not his fault though. He makes a good other unit, but leaving him as a Phalanx really... I don't like Phalanxes is the problem here.

Aesthetically I do. In theory I do. But there isn't much to them. High defense in this game doesn't really matter much to me.

I usually just make him a knight or something, then stop using him.
Back to top Go down
manikinator
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Muliciber wrote:
Also,

Troi. I like the boy he has spirit. It's really not his fault though. He makes a good other unit, but leaving him as a Phalanx really... I don't like Phalanxes is the problem here.

Aesthetically I do. In theory I do. But there isn't much to them. High defense in this game doesn't really matter much to me.

I usually just make him a knight or something, then stop using him.
true, true.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:53 am

Dragon tamer/doll master/beast tamer. Large units in general.

all 3 give bonuses to large units, but large units are so unbelievably weak its pitiful. Venerable dragons/cerberus aside mid to late game they are all outclassed.
Back to top Go down
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
Max Magnus

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Ya, but the game doesn't require enough min-maxing that 2-large units are actually terribad, although they can be (2 Griffons with a Flyer is mobile but... that's it.)

Golems and Venerable Dragons can do their roles quite well, even into late-game. Wyverns and Griffons don't enjoy the lack of a 3rd attack, while Cerberus remains fairly strong, although innefficient.
Back to top Go down
Necronium
Knight
Knight
Necronium

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Cerberus iand a couple of the Venerable dragons are the only "good" large units.    but unless im doing some kind of themed playthrough i pretty much ignore them and just use normal units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: least favorite characters and classes   least favorite characters and classes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

least favorite characters and classes
Page 1 of 1